Martyr Sadr International Seminar, presided by Sayyid Sadruddin Qubbanchi, the prayer leader of the holy city of Najaf, was held Saturday 7 April 2012 in Najaf. Ayatollah Hadavi Tehrani addressed the Seminar in Arabic. Following is an outline of what he elaborated and pointed out:
1. Martyr Sadr is one of the greatest personalities of Shia history.
2. Martyr Sadr was one of the most innovative scholars introducing new ideas to Islamic sciences. He is the scholar who presented the Islamic thought in a consistent and coherent manner.
3. His thought was also utilized within the Islamic Republic system. For instance, the constitution of the Islamic Republic of Iran and the interest-free banking system are the legacies derived from his works and thoughts.
4. Martyr Sadr’s thoughts and ideas should be continuously referred to by Muslim thinkers across the world because they are very valuable and helpful in terms of solving the problems of the contemporary Islamic world. It is not correct to say that his thoughts are outdated.
5. Ayatollah Hadavi Tehrani suggested that a permanent secretariat be set up for such seminars in the holy city of Najaf. He said that the Ahlul-Bait (A.S.) World Assembly is fully prepared to contribute towards setting up such a secretariat.
It is pertinent to mention that Ayatollah Hadavi Tehrani is considered to be among the students of Martyr Sadr through only one intermediary (Ayatollah Sayyid Kazem Haeri). He is one of the founders of Shahid Sadr Institute in Iran and a faculty member of that institute which has thus far published many works by Martyr Baqir Sadr. An encyclopedic work entitled Shahid Sadr Encyclopedia containing all his works is among the services rendered by Shahid Sadr Institute.
As well, the written thought theory which belongs to Ayatollah Hadavi Tehrani and which has been discussed and explained over and over again in internal and overseas scientific gatherings has been inspired from Martyr Sadr views.
Office of Ayatollah Hadavi Tehrani